reverses diabetes type 2 quotes (☑ questionnaire tool) | reverses diabetes type 2 yeast infectionshow to reverses diabetes type 2 for A home blood glucose test measures the amount of a type of sugar, called glucose, in your blood at the time of testing. The test can be done at home or anywhere, using a small portable machine called a blood glucose meter.
Home blood sugar testing can be used to monitor your blood sugar levels. Talk with your doctor about how often to check your blood sugar. How often you need to check it depends on your diabetes treatment, how well your diabetes is controlled, and your overall health. People who take reverses diabetes type 2 warning signs (🔥 exercise plan) | reverses diabetes type 2 youthhow to reverses diabetes type 2 for insulin to control their diabetes may need to check their blood sugar level often. Testing blood sugar at home is often called home blood sugar monitoring or self-testing.
If you use insulin rarely or don''s office will dispose of them for you.
How It Feels
Your fingertips may get sore from frequent pricking for blood sugar testing. To help prevent sore fingertips:
- Always prick the side of your finger. Do not prick the tip of your finger. This increases the pain, and you may not get enough blood to do the test accurately. Also, do not prick your toes to get a blood sample. This can increase your risk of getting an infection in your foot.
- Don''t use some fingers more than others. If a finger becomes sore, avoid using it to test your blood sugar for a few days.
- Use a different device. If you are having trouble with sore fingers, you may want to try a meter that obtains a blood sample from sites other than the fingers, such as the palm of the hand or the forearm.
There is very little risk of complications from testing your blood with a home blood sugar monitor.
- You may get an infection in your finger if you do not wash your hands before sticking your finger.
- You may get hardened areas on your fingertips from frequent blood sugar testing. Use lotion to help soften these areas.
A home blood glucose test measures the amount of a type of sugar, called glucose, in your blood at the time of testing. The test can be done at for 1 last update 04 Aug 2020 home or anywhere, using a small portable machine called a blood glucose meter.A home blood glucose test measures the amount of a type of sugar, called glucose, in your blood at the time of testing. The test can be done at home or anywhere, using a small portable machine called a blood glucose meter.
Diabetes Canada recommends that you stay within the following blood sugar level ranges. But, depending on your health, you and your doctor may set a different range for you.
Recommended blood sugar level ranges
reverses diabetes type 2 insulin (☑ e119) | reverses diabetes type 2 definitionhow to reverses diabetes type 2 for For non-pregnant adults with diabetes:footnote 1
- 4.0–7.0 mmol/L before meals
- 5.0–10.0 mmol/L 2 hours after the start of a meal
For pregnant women who have type 1 or type 2 diabetes or who have diabetes related to pregnancy (gestational diabetes):footnote 2
- 5.3 mmol/L or less, before breakfast
- 7.8 mmol/L or less, 1 hour after the start of a meal, or 6.7 mmol/L or less 2 hours after the start of a meal
Many conditions can change blood glucose levels. Your doctor will discuss any significant abnormal results with you in relation to your symptoms and past health.
What Affects the Test
Reasons you may not be able to have the test or why the results may not be helpful include:
- Alcohol in the drop of blood. If you clean your skin with rubbing alcohol, let the area dry completely before sticking it with the lancet.
- Water or soap on your finger.
- Squeezing your fingertip.
- A drop of blood that is either too large or too small.
- Very low (below 40 mg/dL or 2.2 mmol/L) or very high (above 400 mg/dL or 22.2 mmol/L) blood sugar levels.
- Humidity or a wet test strip. Do not store your test strips in the washroom. When you remove a strip from the bottle, promptly secure the lid back on the bottle to prevent humidity from damaging the unused strips.
Proper care of the blood sugar testing equipment is important to ensure safety and to get accurate results.
- Follow the manufacturer''s Manual of Diagnostic and Laboratory Tests, 4th ed. St. Louis: Mosby.
Current as of: April 16, 2019
Author: Healthwise Staff
Medical Review: E. Gregory Thompson MD - Internal Medicine
Brian D. O''Brien MD - Internal Medicine & Kathleen Romito MD - Family for 1 last update 04 Aug 2020 MedicineKathleen Romito MD - Family Medicine & reverses diabetes type 2 by race (☑ education) | reverses diabetes type 2 treatment aafphow to reverses diabetes type 2 for Adam Husney MD - Family for 1 last update 04 Aug 2020 MedicineAdam Husney MD - Family Medicine & Alan C. Dalkin MD - Endocrinology
Diabetes Canada Clinical Practice Guidelines Expert Committee, et al. (2018). Targets for glycemic control. Canadian Journal of Diabetes, 42(Suppl 1): S42-S46. DOI: 10.1016/j.jcjd.2017.10.030. Accessed October 15, 2018.
Diabetes Canada Clinical Practice Guidelines Expert Committee, et al. (2018). Diabetes and pregnancy. Canadian Journal of Diabetes, 42(Suppl 1): S255-S282. DOI: 10.1016/j.jcjd.2017.10.038. Accessed October 15, 2018. [Erratum in Canadian Journal of Diabetes 42(3): 337. DOI: 10.1016/j.jcjd.2018.04.006.] Accessed October 12, 2018.